Just in case you wonder what the next absolute trend might be, the answer is curls! The new generation perming is set to be the next big hair service and salons can now put it on their on- demand list and grow their profit margin. Karine Jackson at Karine Jackson Sustainable Hair & Beauty in London has been recently doing an average of 4 perms a day (£72k of additional revenue in the last 12 months!) representative of 4% of the salon’s takings. With salons being temporarily closed, now it’s a good opportunity for you to learn a new skill that could bring even more clients at your door after re-opening for a busy festive season! HairFlair has you covered with a FREE perm webinar. Woohoo!
Led by Carolyn Walker, HairFlair Head of Education, this perm course is aimed at hairdressers who are interested in perming for the first time, or those well versed in the technique but keen to learn the new Modern Wave technique. The HairFlair live perming session is on 30 November, 1-3pm. Salons can also book various bespoke dates and times from a calendar to enjoy private training for their salon team, also free.
Curlformers are at the forefront of the new style perms offering an innovative update on this classic technique. The brand has been featured in The Guardian, Marie Claire, Evening Standard and The Pool. The unique patented mesh construction enables perming with no winding, no end papers, no mess, effectively removing the opportunity for human error such as fish hook ends or uneven winding. What’s more great is that HairFlair is available to support salons with education virtually while social distancing measures are in place.
What to expect
- Know and understand Curlformers’ different widths and lengths and the end result they produce
- How to talk to through a client consultation & curl result expectation.
- Know how to prepare, section & apply Curlformers, choosing to do a full head to the roots, working off base to mid-length or just on the ends.
- Learn when to apply perm lotion, how to do a test curl, neutralising & finishing.
- Each participant will receive a certificate of completion, inclusion in the HairFlair online directory of accredited perm salons alongside Karine Jackson & Errol Douglas Salon among others, and marketing materials including imagery to use in salon or online.
- The course will be sent out after the event to be watched again so delegates can choose to perm-a-long at the same time or later.
- Salons can buy a perm bundle from the website for under £50 and perm along live, or simply watch the session which will be sent to them afterwards, and they can then buy the kit they want and learn at their leisure.
Cloe Hazell, Global Education Manager of Organic Colour Systems comments “It was really informative and helpful to have practical training on the product as we didn’t realise how easy and versatile they were to work with – not only used for styling, but also perming! This has helped us cut service timings down and built the teams’ confidence up.”
“Carolyn Walker is fantastic!” says Karine Jackson. ”Teaching the team and myself the best way to use the Curlformers, Carolyn showed us how simple they are to use and the different ways we can use them for amazing results. From perming without the need for end papers to general styling, we learnt lots of shortcuts and tips and tricks that are useful both in salon for clients and on shoots to create an incredible base of curls that doesn’t fall out and can be worked on into a really editorial finish. What a great day creating!”
How to book
Previously priced at £50, this course is now available FREE during lockdown and January!
All you need to do is book a place via the website. Additionally, HairFlair will be offering FREE virtual bespoke training sessions for salons or individuals – choose a date and time from the calendar. Slots are limited for one-to-one sessions so book for your salon asap and get the team learning from home during lockdown.
To book your slot for the Live session click HERE
Cost: usually £50 or complimentary with purchase of any pro set – FREE DURING LOCKDOWN
To book a slot for bespoke perming sessions click HERE
Cost: FREE DURING LOCKDOWN
Watch this interview with Karine Jackson talking about the relevance of modern perming:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me