We’re taking a deep dive into the Avlon brand with a thorough look at the expertly designed range of KeraCare® care and styling products for Afro-textured hair. We’ve focussed on the comprehensive range of cleansing and conditioning options in our feature HERE. Now we’re all about styling.
The joy of Afro-textured hair is that you can work so many looks. Embracing the natural texture of hair which might be wavy, curly or coily gives hairdressers and their clients so much choice in working with defining, volumizing and adding hair with KeraCare®. Equally, if hair is well-conditioned and healthy, you can opt to go with a smoother, even glossy straight finish. The magic is in working with the right styling products.
Have a look at how each of these beauties in the Keracare® styling range help give hair a natural boost whilst holding the style you’ve created:
- Conditioning Creme Hairdress – is a light, non-greasy moisturizing product which protects from heat-styling tools, and can be used like a pomade or wax to separate and define hair while remaining soft and conditioned
- Creme Press – A conditioning formula to shield hair from thermal heat damage, this helps to straighten hair, even in humid weather
- Curling Wax – Protects curls against humidity and combats frizzing. Perky curls all day
- Setting Lotion – As well as an incredible hold your hair gets volume, body and shine
- Silken Seal – Whether you use this pre- or post-blowdry, this product seals the hair cuticles for ultimate shine. A Liquid Sheen is a non-oily formula to so the same
- Edge Tamer – a gel to apply to the hairline to tame those unruly hairs and eliminate frizz
- Wax Stick – This is for special effects styling; accentuating spikes, waves, curls and wispy hairstyles with pliable hold yet is polished and finished. Great to fuse the hair together when designing braids and twists
- Protein Styling Gel – A formula for firm control works for both natural-looking styles and slick, wet-look
- High Sheen Glossifier – Moisturises and conditions the hair, a great little pick-up if the hair is looking a little dull and lifeless in between washes
- Essential Oils for the Hair – A moisturizing and softening option that doesn’t weigh down the hair or leave a heavy, greasy build-up
- Oil Sheen with Humidity Block – This is a light, conditioning blend of olive oil, carrot oil and herbal extracts. Its an excellent product for combatting the effects of high humidity
- Styling Spritz – Ideal for a firm hold, yet moveable result. Minimum alcohol content and excellent on shorter, soft curly hair styles
- Twist and Define Cream – This is perfect for avoiding dryness or flaky residue, simply leaving curls soft, defined and beautiful. Use the Leave-in Conditioner first, then apply the cream for a great result.
- Defining Custard – Increase definition without flaking! This formula relies upon natural botanicals to infuse substantial moisture into the hair. A shiny, well-moisturised, clearly-defined curl, wave or spiral is your reward.
Whether working with natural texture, or hair which is coloured, heat-styled or relaxed, there’s something in the Keracare® range from Avlon that you’re bound to fall in love with! Promise.
To find out more of the brand portfolio, follow our posts. If you’d like specific information about stocking Avlon, please email:
For more Avlon news click HERE
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me