Now that we finally have some dates regarding lockdown lifting and events allowed to happen, we can say that weddings are finally back on the summer agenda. Meaning that salons, bridal hair and beauty teams can finally pick up their plans and prepare for a probably big season of rearranged events. The second half of 2021 and 2022 are looking wedding busy and with this in mind, Great Lengths has just launched its latest bridal collection, titled Own The Day.
Own The Day collection
The gorgeous shoot showcases the full potential of hair extensions and the transformative effect they can have on every type of hair. Versatility and naturality are key. From a full head of bonds to add length and texture to a few strategically placed GL Tapes to add volume and lift, the collection is a great source of inspo – and the perfect conversation starter for a consultation.
Talking consultation, now it’s a good time to contact your bride-to-be-clients and start planning for the big day! No matter what the wedding looks like, Great Lengths hair extensions provide a perfect solution for those looking to enhance their natural look. Whether clients are long-time wearers of GL Tapes or Bonds and couldn’t imagine an occasion without them, or they’re new to the idea of extensions but want something special for their long-awaited big day, Great Lengths has a solution for everyone – from subtle to all-out extravagance, as well as colour changes and enhanced length and volume to give up-dos the wow factor. Exciting!
“The hair in this collection is inspired by natural texture,” says Louise Jenkins, Education & Creative manager for Great Lengths UK and Ireland. “We really wanted to showcase how Great Lengths extensions can enhance natural hair while still looking completely seamless and effortless. Bridal hair for 2021 will see hair looking beautiful but undone, and that is exactly what we wanted to create with our collection.
The collection looks
The looks of Own The Day were created by a team of GL creative bridal specialists, with bespoke dresses specifically designed for the collection by Joanna Leigh Couture. The collection serves aspirational but achievable looks, focussing on enhancing natural texture with an on-trend twist:
- A classic afro texture, enhanced using Great Lengths pre-permed GL Tapes to add more volume, a little length and create a natural, yet defined look which is perfectly colour matched. This look is big and bouncy and perfectly complements the style of dress, with low cut arms the hair remains centre stage.
- A natural and undone loose braid; created using a mix of GL Tapes and the new GL Tapes Minis. Dimension has been added by using multiple shades and the sides have been given extra thickness and texture to complete the look. The beautifully long undone braid is the perfect look to pair with a low-back dress.
- Loose waves create a bold and beautiful statement that works well with open shoulder dresses. Created using Great Lengths bonds, the vast colours available enabled a perfect colour match to enhance the natural look adding dimension, length and volume.
- Created using GL Tapes, a beautiful blonde loose ponytail style is perfect for brides who prefer an up-do. Textured with a loose wave, the ponytail encapsulates volume and body and looks great with a low back dress, plus no signs of the discreet GL Tapes to be seen.
- Perfect for brides, the halo braid is for clients who want lots of detail. This look created using Great Lengths bonds has been perfectly styled to ensure no bonds are visible. The loose and undone halo braid adds lots of detailed texture to the look and the loose waves shape the face perfectly.
For more news from Great Lengths, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me