AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT is known for its passion for sustainability and ethical ways of producing and doing business. Now, the brand is proud to announce its partnership with Green Salon Collective (GSC): the authority on sustainable salon solutions. With a pledge to ‘recycle the unrecyclable’, GSC works with salons to recycle hair, colour, bleach, foils, colour tubes, PPE, plastic and paper.
Green Salon Collective
We couldn’t be more excited for this collaboration, as we have written about how GSC is helping salons go greener in truly effective ways. GSC doesn’t just provide a second life for everyday salon waste – it also applies the same ethos to its business, with all profits raised from selling commodities donated to charities including Haircuts 4 Homeless and Food Cycle. The organisation also plants a tree for every recycling returns box purchased by salons. Since its launch in July 2020, GSC has partnered with more than 250 salons and achieved major milestones, including:
- Diverted more than 400kgs of hair towards cleaning waterways and gardening projects.
- Recycled more than 2.3 tonnes of used foil and colour tubes.
- Recycled and recovered more than 230L of leftover colour and bleach, plus more than 200kgs of PPE and Plastic.
ABC salons’ benefits
Sustainability and conscious decisions are at the heart of AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT: from the sustainable, carefully-selected ingredients used in the fully vegan range of products, to the refill bars installed in salons to reduce single-use plastics and encourage a circular economy.
Here is what ABC continually offers salons and hairdressers:
- High-performance, professional products that are entirely vegan and approved by the Vegan Society
- Premium packaging, which is recyclable, reusable and produced with 80% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic.
- Refill bars to encourage a circular economy and reduce single-use plastics.
- Sustainable initiatives including supporting Hairdressers without Borders, providing education, empowerment and employment for those in developing countries; and the Sustainable Guar Initiative (SGI), which promotes sustainable agricultural practices for farmers and supports education in best practices, nutrition, productivity and conservation.
- Sustainable salon practices, including sustainable salon tools, materials and education
Benefits from this new partnership
Now, as members of GSC, ABC salons can benefit from:
- Straightforward recycling: GSC provides salons with a service to recycle the traditionally impossible to recycle items: hair, foil, chemicals and colour tubes, as well as a full plastic, PPE and paper service.
- Ongoing education: GSC educates salons on waste, energy, water and food, as well as staff policies and social responsibilities.
- Accreditation: Working with independent change consultants and sustainability experts, The Liminality, GSC has now launched accreditation.
- Growth: An enhanced sustainable offering provides a huge point of difference for salons, and GSC salon locator provides listings for clients searching for local salons providing ethical and sustainable services.
We are glad to see such impactful partnerships and we are committed to share and promote them every way we can.
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me