News added 29/06/17: Nice to see the Salon Business magazine awards gathering momentum with more buzz and more entries than ever in its 4th year. We went along earlier this week to see publishing editor Jo Charlton hand out titles for the 2017 award winners at London’s Century club [nice roof party room!], joining a crowd of more than 200 guests for the first of 2017 trade publication gong-fests!
In total, the awards 12 categories included Best Local, Creative and Education Salon, with two bonus awards presented to one small to medium and one large salon, that shone through across all areas, including creativity and marketing.
Best Local Salon Sarai Hair and Beauty • Design Salon Matthew Curtis • Business Salon KAM Hair • Male Grooming Salon Pall Mall Barbers • Colour Salon Zoology • Creative Salon Blue Tit London • Salon Team Hair by JFK • Education Salon Westrow • Green Salon Anne Veck Hair • Stylist Christian Wiles, Christian Wiles, Traditional Gentleman’s Grooming • Retail Salon Saks Exeter • Salon Group Rainbow Room International • Ultimate Small to Medium Salon Simon Webster Hair • Ultimate Large Salon Linton & Mac
News added 07/07/16: We rocked up to Madison rooftop bar in the city of London this week to check out the Salon Business Awards 2016… impressed! Hosted by Jo Charlton, Salon Business publishing editor, the event attracted several hundred hairdressers/salon owners, to see who picked up key trophies. With great sponsors and a super-easy entry where all the paperwork is done online, why not look out for the 2017 competition launch? Meantime, this lot took home the titles this summer:
- Best Local Salon of the Year – Sponsored by Paul Mitchell – Sixth Sense Salon
- Business Salon of the Year – Sponsored by Salon Genius – Saks Exeter
- Colour Salon of the Year – Sponsored by Revlon Professional Metropolis
- Creative Salon of the Year – Sponsored by TIGI – Russell Eaton
- Design Salon of the Year – Daniel Granger Hairdressing
- Education Salon of the Year – Sponsored by Remi Cachet – Spargo Hairdressing
- Green Salon of the Year – Sponsored by OWAY – Blue Tit, Brixton
- Male Grooming Salon of the Year – Christian Wiles Hairdressing
- Salon Team of the Year– Hairven
- Stylist of the Year – Morgan Fox, Q Hair and Beauty
- Ultimate Small to Medium Salon of the Year – The Hair Shack
- Ultimate Large Salon of the Year – Gatsby & Miller