Revlon Professional are back from a weekend in Madrid with our very own Nicky Pope for the 13th edition of the Figaro Awards. Organised by Club Figaro, Revlon Professional were delighted to be the main sponsor of the awards. Nicky was invited to join the prestigious jury which also included Angelo Seminara, Ángela Navarro, Tony Rizzo and Alexis Continente.
Nicky tells us that the standard of work for 2022 was really high and the format of the evening truly inspiring: “It’s a massive challenge to recreate what looks great in a photographic collection onto a live show and the work that goes into this must be respected. I absolutely loved the way each finalist met the task in hand, it was really entertaining and uplifting to watch.”
Jordi Trilles, Regional General Manager Southern Europe of Revlon Professional, said: “There is a fundamental value here, which is the effort, at all levels, to organise the Awards and to participate in them. There is also passion, because everything we see is the result of putting the heart at the service of a job well done. And there is also talent, but not arrogant, it is a generous talent to teach and share learning and inspiration to thousands of hairdressers.”
In total the competition received 136 entry collections with 24 for the international category! Let’s see the winners…
- NEWCOMER: Alba Andreu – Salones CV by Carlos Valiente @albaandreu.bycv
- MEN’S COMMERCIAL COLLECTION: Christian Ríos – Christian Ríos Hair Couture @christianriossalon
- WOMEN’S COMMERCIAL COLLECTION: Experimento No Name @experimentononame
- AVANT-GARDE COLLECTION: Manuel Mon – Manuel Mon Estilistas @manuelmonoficial
- INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION: Juliette den Ouden – JDO/ Juliette den Ouden @juliettedenouden
- CATWALK AWARD: Rafael Bueno – Rafael Bueno Peluqueros @rafaelbuienopeluqueros
- SPANISH HAIRDRESSER OF THE YEAR: Carlos Valiente – Salones CV by Carlos Valiente@carlosvaliente.bycv
Bravo to them all, and to Figaro who hosted such a spectacular event.
For more news from Revlon Professional click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.