This week, we had the pleasure to talk all things women in hairdressing with Antoinette Beenders who came directly from America to step on the stage of the Tribu-te show 2019. As the first female hairdresser to be nominated for the British Hairdresser of the Year, Antoinette shared some of her experience and challenges with us of what it’s like to be a woman in hairdressing. Very inspiring!
On the panel…
The talented Antoinette Beenders – Current global creative director and vice president at Aveda and multi award-winner – is based in America and busy running 3 different teams from graphic design and copy writing to store design and visual merchandising.
- 3m 00s – Strong women in hairdressing
- 8m 05s – What makes you feel empowered?
- 11m 07s – What are you up to these days?
- 11m 56s – Photography and images are part of my life
- 13m 14s – Instagram
- 14m 01s – What keeps you grounded?
- 15m 29s – What do you like to do in your spare time?
- 16m 51s – How do get your game face on?
- 18m 17s – How do you prepare for a show?
- 20m 02s – What have you let go of?
- 21m 49s – Advice to young hairdressers
- 22m 17s – Be your authentic self
- 23m 37s – Women should help each other
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guest: Antoinette Beenders
Editor: Aurore Caboche
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE.
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.