You’d think this lot were at the Friday night comedy club – see those happy faces! Actually this is the latest edition of the Wella Business Network event held in the Midlands last weekend. Yep – business can be fun. A two-day programme of talks from an imaginatively put together roster of speakers proved highly engaging. We particularly loved hearing Mark Price talking about workplace happiness – as former managing director at Waitrose and deputy chairman at John Lewis he had plenty to share. And clinical psychologist, martial artist and neuroscientist, Dr Tamara Russell, spoke about mindfulness and how the brain can be maximised! Seriously good entertainment as they say.
• Lord Mark Price, former MD of Waitrose and deputy chairman of the John Lewis Partnership, Mark talked about how to engage a happy work force, as he captured the audience with his engaging session.
• Graeme Codrington spoke about the future of businesses in 2020. “In a time of deep disruption you have to be experimental,” he said
• Millie Kendall MBE spoke about the future of the beauty industry and raising its reputation
• MC Supernatural and Mads Korsgaard presented a brand new collaboration – based on the science of psychology, their session encompassed creative thinking and freestyle rap
• Dr Tamara Russell, a clinical psychologist, martial artist and neuroscientist, spoke about mindfulness and how the brain can be maximised
• Rob Forkan shared his incredibly moving story of launching travellers fashion brand, Gandys, following a tsunami disaster that left him and his siblings orphaned
• Cally Beaton, entrepreneur and performer, delivered a session on simply ‘being different’
• Dick Strawbridge & Angel Adoree from the hit TV series Escape to the Chateau shared their story of finding the chateau and developing it into a dream home and business.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.