It was amazing to see that Dyson Hair was the exclusive backstage hair sponsor for the Stella McCartney AW21 presentation that premiered on Dyson’s YouTube channel on 23rd March 2021 with session stylist Eugene Souleiman creating styles that complimented the designer’s beautiful clothes.
The inspiration of the show is very reflective of trends seen in response to the current climate – Healthier Looking Hair. Here, Eugene shares the step-by-step guides to two distinct looks – Natural Enhanced Curls and a High Shine Ponytail. Enjoy!
Natural Enhanced Curls
Inspiration: Healthier looking hair with natural enhanced curls
- Spray the hair with water so it’s wet to touch and comb it through.
- Tuck the hair behind the ears and split in half into two sections.
- Dry the root with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition with the professional concentrator to set the roots.
- Twist the hair backwards away from the face. Hold at the end and diffuse dry with the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition with the diffuser attachment.
High Shine Ponytail
Inspiration: Healthier looking hair without any extreme damage – an enhanced glossy natural shine.
- Wash hair and then follow with a hair mask to ensure the hair is smooth and sleek to touch.
- Using the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition with the professional concentrator attachment, dry hair section by section at a 90- degree angle from the nape of neck to the crown using a round brush.
- Stretch the hair as you dry to remove movement and flyaways while pushing the shorter hairs down. Continue to blow dry stray hairs away from the face.
- Use the Dyson Corrale straightener to straighten hair for enhanced shine. Follow by tying the hair into a ponytail with a band
- To finish, straighten hair with the Dyson Corrale straightener. Finish with hairspray to set in place.
For more of the latest hairdressing news, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me