Unless you’ve been living under a rock recently, you’ll know that the messy chignon made a star appearance during spring/summer 22 fashion week. Here, editorial director at Alterna Europe and member of the International Fashion hair team Joana Neves shares her tips for recreating this contemporary approach to the classic chignon.
- Apply Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Multiplying Volume Styling mist into the roots to prep the hair before blow-drying and to add touchable volume and flexible hold.
- Take a small amount of Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Smoothing Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter and distribute evenly through the hair to protect it from heated styling and provide smoothness and shine.
- Blow-dry the hair and using a paddle brush, pull the hair back into a tight ponytail just below the crown ensuring there is little to no frizz.
- Spray Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Professional Styling Working Hairspray through the hair to give it a frizz free, shiny and smooth finish and secure with a hair tie.
- Spray Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Professional Styling Perfect Texture Spray evenly through the ponytail to give it added texture and grit prior to creating the chignon.
- Backcomb the ponytail to enhance volume before twisting it into a bun and securing into place with hair pins. Finish with a further spritz of Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Professional Styling Working Hairspray for a glass-like shine.
It’s easy to create and chic to wear. A winning combination!
For more of the latest industry news, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.