Simon Webster and Brendan O’Sullivan talk to us about how they manage their life on the road as prominent session stylists as well as salon owners where they run their own columns too. We find out what they had to do to land their roles in the session world and talk about working at fashion week shows and on photoshoots, as well as exploring how it dovetails with their salon work.
If you aspire to be a session stylist then join in the chat. Find out what Simon and Brendan advise you to do, to get to where you want to be.
On the panel…
Simon Webster– Owner of Simon Webster Hair in Brighton, Simon splits his time between the salon, educating and session styling. As well as all that, he is also the UK Guest Artist for KMS.
Brendan O’Sullivan– Owner of Brendan O’Sullivan hair & beauty in Amersham. Brendan has over 30 years experience in the industry. He start his career at Sassoon, London, where he completed his training and has progressed to working on a number of fashion shows.
- Simon’s work – 1 mins 29 secs
- Brendan’s work – 3 mins 40 secs
- Clients understanding session styling – 5 mins 12 secs
- Celebrity session stylists – 5 mins 35 secs
- Portfolio career – 7 mins 48 secs
- Fashion world – 9 mins 5 secs
- Session teams – 11 mins 37 secs
- Salon life – 16 mins 9 secs
- Risk of loosing staff once session styling – 18 mins 33 secs
- Session styling experience – 20 mins 12 secs
- Choosing the right opportunities – 21 mins 22 secs
- Shoots Vs Shows – 21 mins 38 secs
- Styling products – 25 mins 57 secs
- Sponsors – 28 mins 22 secs
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guests: Simon Webster and Brendan O’Sullivan
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts here: www.respectyou.me
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
Instagram – @hairdressingnews
Twitter – @respectnews
Facebook – @respecthair
And sign up to our newsletter here.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download