Kao Salon Division, home of the Goldwell, KMS and Oribe brands, introduces the Kao Salon Industry Recovery Initiative, solely focused on helping salons recover and rebuild as they emerge from the COVID-19 crisis.
In a nutshell, the organisation is supporting hairdressers by postponing invoicing and launching a consumer campaign telling clients how to help.
‘‘We want salons ready to reopen fully booked with clients from day one, with plans in place to take them back to full recovery as quickly as possible” says Julie Winchester, General Manager of Kao Salon Division, UK. “We think that by helping them to focus on recovery now will allow them to establish the foundation for which they can achieve the utmost success upon reopening.”
The initiative is comprised of three pillars of carefully constructed support campaigns; designed to address the unique challenges the industry professionals are facing at the moment and will face when re-open. These are the following:
#StrongerTogether represents Kao Salon’s financial support and unwavering partnership. Founded on the belief that no one person/salon should stand alone, professionals should come together to succeed. Through this campaign, Kao Salon has committed to:
· Suspend invoices until local government salon closure orders are lifted
· Sponsor free-to-industry opportunities to receive business recovery insight and information
· Provide support for local businesses with activities that benefit both stylists and their salons
· Donate product to charitable organisations for key medical personnel and those in need
· Work with local trade media to present information on supporting government programs and their details and timelines
· Work with salon customers to arrive at a support plan for success upon reopening
Additionally, as a part of #StrongerTogether, Kao Salon has created a sponsored consumer digital campaign, “#WorthTheWait”. The message of this campaign is very important. It’s a consumer movement that presents a call-to-action for clients to patiently wait for their stylists instead of taking at-home measures.
Kao Salon understands that the expression of creativity is the lifeblood of the industry. #CreativityNeverStops has been created to allow stylists to enhance their skills via:
- Access to digital and online education programs that offer relief and inspiration to stylists during isolation
- The transformation of the annual Goldwell Creative Awards into an entirely virtual experience, adjusting entry dates to expand participation
#KaoSalonFamily was created to remind stylists that their individual recovery remains the company’s focus. The hashtag is already delivering messages of hope and positivity through the Kao Salon network. The initiative provides communication routes for stylists and salons to raise their concerns and questions. By directly inviting stylists and salons to connect with the organisation through ongoing, virtual points of contact, the community spirit is built stronger.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.