TONI&GUY international artistic director and head of education, Cos Sakkas, is showing us a step-by-step to a Kate Moss inspired, shoulder length-waves style: loose textured hair with an over-hanging fringe making it the perfect style for summer.
The inspiration comes from the classic finger waves that have been used in different ways at Fashion Week. The knowledge of classic finger waves is essential as this will give you the understanding of dressing any kind of waves and also gives you the confidence to push this to a more modern result.
1. Take a central profile parting with a pin tail comb.
2. Apply gel from the roots to the mid-lengths of the hair.
3. Combing hair at a natural fall, place finger parallel to the parting in an equal distance and direct the hair in between the fingers in a forward and back direction, alternating a finger wave technique.
4. Apply label.m Hold and Gloss Spray to the end of the back area of the hair and create a knot in the middle of the length.
5. The entire head is diffused and left to cool down.
6. The knot is removed and a nice distressed texture should appear, decorating the side behind the ear with clips or accessories to get a flatter and more modern feel.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.