Awards ceremonies are not what they used to be, but this doesn’t mean that competitions aren’t running and great work isn’t rewarded. On the contrary! The Fellowship for British Hairdressing has announced an extended deadline for their popular Image Awards. The closing date for entry is now Friday 30th October; one month after the planned deadline and in line with the Fellowship Salon Awards closing date. Have you entered?
Entrants can now submit images for all five categories up until the end of October, with the new deadline also coinciding with the closing date for the Fellowship’s Salon Awards, which recognise achievement in business.
As a reminder, there are five categories in the Image Awards, with two new categories for 2020 and one special one to mark the creativity demonstrated by hairdressers in lockdown.
To enter any category, simply use the relevant hashtag on Instagram and tag @fellowshiphair
- Snapshot of the Year – for shots of clients, show work or other non-professional imagery. #fellowshipsnapshot20
- Lockdown Look – for hair created in lockdown on a mannequin head, family member of whoever else you were stuck at home with! #fellowshiplockdownlook
- Fellowship Image of the Year – for professional photoshoots. Submit up to three images, of any type of hair, shot professionally. It’s OK if they have been entered in another competition. #fellowshipimage20
- Colour Image of the Year – for professional photoshoots with a focus on colour. Submit up to three images, of any type of hair, shot professionally. It’s OK if they have been entered in another competition.#fellowshipcolourimage20
- Men’s Image of the Year – for professional photoshoots with a focus on men’s hair. Submit up to three images, of any type of hair, shot professionally. It’s OK if they have been entered in another competition.#fellowshipmensimage20
“Now that hairdressing is back in business post-lockdown and salons are busy once again, we wanted to make sure that Fellowship members could submit the work they’ve created since getting back to some kind of normal,” says Fellowship Chancellor Ashleigh Hodges. “People are managing to shoot again, and create loads of beautiful looks in the salon too. Everyone is so busy and there’s so much great hair being produced, that we decided it would be helpful to provide an extension to the awards.”
We agree, Ashleigh!
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me