From salon re-opening guides to PPE information, from mental support to business organisation and planning, from financial advice to client approach, there is a helluvalot info available out there and we know it can be overwhelming. It’s a stressful period indeed; we’re all expecting the 4th of July, though no official statement yet. Many are scared to go back to work, more questions arise every day and everything seems so fluid.
We have been here since day 1; writing, posting, researching, talking, suggesting, sharing; trying to be as informative as possible. We are trying our best to support our lovely community to get back on their feet through our stories, articles and lives. But since you can get lost searching through all this info, don’t worry. We got your back! Here is a list of links to articles full of information, ideas and everything you may need right now. You’re welcome!
Salon Re-opening Guides
If you want to know more about hygiene regulations, how salons would operate, new measures, how to get financial support, what to suggest to your clients and all things practical, we have you covered. For information and guidelines regarding salon re-opening and business associated queries check here:
- Henkel prepares for reopening
- Back to business with Schwarzkopf Professional
- Consider patch testing protocol https://www.colourworlduk.com/news/consider-patch-testing-protocol-says-schwarzkopf/
- Wella – Re-open with Wella
5. Revlon – Empower your Salon
6. Joico Consultation guide
7. TIGI – Prepare for reopening
and Tigi hairdressers share their re-opening experience
8. KEVIN.MURPHY reopening guide
9. L’Oréal Back to business guide
10. Kao Salon Division’s industry recovery initiative
For self-employed and freelancers guides, help and advice, have a look here:
- Indola- Guidelines for freelancers returning to work
and Indola standing by freelancers https://respectyou.me/brands/henkel/indola-standing-by-freelancers/
- Salonpreneur for self-employed https://respectyou.me/roz-colthart-launches-salonpreneur-to-help-self-employed-salon-pros/
Mental health support
Practical information is good and all, but if you need some emotional support or ideas on how to cope with anxiety and lift your spirits up a bit, here’s the place:
- Mental health awareness feature: https://www.colourworlduk.com/news/simon-hill-for-mental-health-awareness-week/
- Stay mentally healthy during lockdown: https://www.colourworlduk.com/colour-conversation/stay-mentally-healthy-during-lockdown/
- Tips and ideas on how to stay mentally healthy: https://respectyou.me/mental-health-awareness-week/
- Staff wellbeing: https://respectyou.me/worksforus-staff-wellbeing/
- Messages of hope: https://respectyou.me/messages-of-hope-from-the-industry/
- Podcast EP45: https://respectyou.me/ep45-lisa-farrall-ashleigh-hodges-discuss-mental-health/
- Podcast EP46: https://respectyou.me/ep46-gary-hooker-michael-young-discuss-wellbeing/
For more of the latest industry news, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.