The sun may have gone for a while now but you can still create a beautiful rainbow hairstyle with these simple steps from 2019 Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year, Sharon Malcolm from Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing, Newtownards, Northern Ireland. Perfect for this time, as no hair dye involved- means you can even share this technique with your clients as well, in case they are feeling creative!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Long hair is straightened, then small sections taken and a knot tied halfway down the length and towards the ends.
2. Place an iron over each knot and clamp to secure.
3. Do this all around the head.
4. Then take coloured eyeshadow and colour each knot with a different shade.
5. Take sections freehand and pull them into shape, leaving the ends free for added softness.
6. Place the sections across the top of the head to create a halo effect around the face and to show off the knots.
Find out more about Sharon Malcolm at sharonmalcolm.co.uk
Instagram: @chachachasharon @sharonmalcolmhairdressing
For more education news, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.