On the first of April, the American Crew announced its Global Champions of 2020 All-Star Challenge. The five winners were chosen by their in-country judging panels, before being submitted to The All-Star Challenge Global Committee. The Committee made their decision after careful consideration of the following judging criteria: structure and finishing of the haircut, originality, representation of the American Crew brand, art direction styling wise and art direction for photography. Lots of talent then!
The winners will be rewarded with a $5,000 cash prize and an invitation to attend an exclusive CREW STYLE MAKERS trip to Los Angeles with the American Crew team. Lucky them!
Additionally, they will have the priceless opportunity to learn from industry professionals whilst showcasing their individual talent in an editorial photoshoot directed and captured by American Crew founder and renowned photographer, David Raccuglia. Wow!
So, here are our stars:
- Luke Munn from Australia, with a modern creative cut that features a solid shape, structure and plenty of texture.
- Jonathan Pereira from Belgium, with a chic & contemporary look for a natural hairstyle with enhanced curls.
- Sandra Perovic from Canada, with a classic cut featuring a heavier fade on the sides for an edgy feel.
- Daniil Gochua from Russia, with a style inspired by Style For The Road collection using height and texture with a matte finish.
- David Da Campo from Switzerland, with a perfect blend of volume, texture and lightness for a versatile look for the modern man.
“The level of artistry displayed in this year’s All-Star Challenge showcases the way the industry is evolving and diversifying,” says David Raccuglia, founder of American Crew. “Our five winners brought forth their individual backgrounds, grooming skills, cultures, and visions to life in a way that truly excited the Global Committee. We look forward to seeing how this accolade helps push their creativity and further their careers in 2020 and beyond.”
For more news from American Crew click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.