When it comes to training, you the stylist are equipped with the knowledge and tools to cut, colour and style hair, but what about the business acumen? As your career progresses and you potentially become a salon owner yourself, do you really know how to run a profitable salon? If the answer is no, maybe or even yes (kind of) our latest podcast with Director of 365 Education Ken West is a must-hear!
On the panel…
Ken West joined 365 Education 28 years ago as a hairdresser in search of help with how to successfully run his three-salon-strong business. Fast forward to 2020 Ken is now the company Director and works tirelessly to help other salon businesses more profitable.
- 30s – Introduction from Lauren & Nicky
- 1m 10s – Introduction from Ken
- 3m 24s – Joining the 365 community
- 5m 50s – Analysing the struggles of a salon
- 9m 50s – How retail affects salons
- 14m 00s – Finding cheaper product online
- 15m 20s – Getting your clients to buy in store
- 18m 30s – Trusting your hairdresser
- 19m 20s – Being more approachable
- 21m 00s – How to retail differently
- 22m 00s – Give your clients the best experience
- 25m 10s – Ask yourself: am I good enough for retail?
- 26m 30s – Success leaves clues
- 365 Education
- Debbie Digby (listen to her podcast here)
- Social media
- Paul Mitchell
- Jo Malone
- The Chapel
- Toby & Amanda Dicker
Hosts: Nicky Pope & Lauren Stone
Guest: Ken West @365saloneducation
Editor: Aurore Caboche
Thank you for listening, we hope you enjoyed it. As always, we would love to hear from you so please leave a review HERE and let us know your thoughts.
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE.
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
We will be back soon for a new episode of the Respectfully Podcast with our next guests Siobhan Jones & Aaron Carlo.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.