With 94k followers on the gram we figured we could all learn a thing or two from the super colourful, straight-talking Sophia Hilton on how to boost our Instagram accounts. She teamed with PR and social media guru Katie Braden to talk everything from how to build social media confidence within your work force, to why ‘likes’ don’t matter!
On the panel…
Colour queen Sophia Hilton is an award-winning colourist, salon owner and educator. Her salon ‘Not Another Salon’ prides itself on it’s non-judgemental approach, village salon feel and talented staff. With 261k Instagram followers on salon account, this girl knows her social media. The equally talented Katie Braden, is the owner of her eponymous PR company Katie Braden PR. Her clients include the likes of Not Another Salon, INNOluxe and Crazy Color. Katie has a real talent for giving brands the tools to influence mass audiences’ and Instagram plays a big part of this.
- 2m 00s – Sophia, how did you start on social media?
- 3m 02s – Why is social media so important now?
- 3m 36s – What is the order of importance?
- 4m 37s – Choosing the right platforms
- 5m 41s – Instagram stories
- 7m 00s – Not Another Salon on social media
- 8m 41s – Build a social media strategy
- 10m 46s – Stories or feed?
- 13m 17s – Is housekeeping important?
- 13m 59s – The ethics of social media
- 15m 32s – Building your profile
- 16m 31s – Social media protocols
- 19m 16s – Be aware of mental health
- 21m 13s – Going back to basics
- 24m 35s – Quality over quantity
- 25m 54s – Likes and comments
- Not Another Salon
- Katie Braden PR
- Not Another Academy
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lauren Stone
Guest: Sophia Hilton and Katie Braden
Editor: Aurore Caboche
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE.
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.