Taking time out of their hectic schedules to join us for a Respectfully podcast, HOB Salons Akin Konizi and session stylist Pete Burkill discuss just that – how to multi-task and juggle their precious time. From clients in the salon to educating across the globe and styling for shoots, the hair maestros chat through their schedules and reveal some handy tips for prioritising.
On the panel…
As the creative director and co-owner of HOB Salons, Akin has won the prestigious British Hairdressers of the Year award four times! In amongst training his team and tending to salon clients, he also travels the globe educating on behalf of Wella Professionals. Splitting his time between editorial and styling work, Pete’s known for his unique vision and eclectic styling. It’s no surprise then that he’s in demand backstage and on shoots. Busy, busy, busy.
- 0m 28s – Introduction from Lauren and Nicky
- 1m 34s – Pete, what are you up to?
- 2m 10s – Akin, what are you up to?
- 4m 07s – More than a hairdresser
- 6m 15s – Keeping the cohesion in the industry
- 7m 20s – Juggling between editorial work and styling work
- 9m 21s – Splitting your time
- 9m 42s – Organising your workload
- 13m 17s – Stress is optional
- 14m 07s – Saying no
- 16m 11s – Putting yourself in somebody else’s shoes
- 19m 20s – Life and work in hairdressing
- 23m 05s – Establishing boundaries
- 23m 52s – The impact of social media
- Alter Ego
- Josh Wood
- HOB Salons
- Wella International
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lauren Stone
Guest: Akin Konizi and Peter Burkill
Editor: Aurore Caboche
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE.
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.