This week, we are catching up with one our favourite Aussie hair artists, Kevin Murphy, who opened the 5th edition of the Tribu-te Show at the Aldwych Theatre. Kevin talked about the ethos behind his product brand, how he launched his new packaging with Ocean Waste Plastic and his plans for next year.
ON THE PANEL
Kevin Murphy – Australian-born hairdresser, his KEVIN.MURPHY haircare company develops haircare products, often based on products originally designed for skincare. Kevin launched his Ocean Waste Plastic (O.W.P) packaging this year which aims to ‘clean up our oceans for the sake of our planet and for future generations’.
- 2m 47s – Where are you usually based?
- 4m 07s – Working towards the Ocean Waste Plastic packaging mission
- 5m 01s – How to recognise an O.W.P bottle
- 5m 28s – What small changes can we apply to our daily lives?
- 6m 32s – What about Australia compared to the UK?
- 7m 29s – Ozone layers, green-house gases, species extinctions
- 9m 55s – What are your plans for next year creatively speaking?
- 11m 50s – Will you do any shows or session styling?
- 13m 01s – How do you decide where to go in America?
- 14m 38s – What kind of shows do you like going to outside hairdressing?
- 16m 14s – What about hairdressing shows?
- 16m 52s – Tribu-te show’s line-up
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guest: Kevin Murphy
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.