This week, we’re discussing hair photography how to shoot an award winning collection of photographs. From images for award entries to what makes a great mood board and how to shoot on a budget, it made sense to call upon two of the industries multi-tasking stylists-come-photographers…
On the panel…
Robert Masciave – Owner and founder of Metropolis Hairdressing in Kingston Upon Thames, Robert is a multi-award winning stylist renowned for breathtaking photographic collections and stunning stage work.
Desmond Murray – An award-winning, London-based hairdresser and photographer who consistently breaks new ground both in front of, and behind, the camera.
- 1m 15s – Collections for awards
- 2m 50s – Benefits of entering awards
- 5m 30s – Shooting process – where to start
- 7m 36s – What makes a great mood board?
- 10m 30s – Day of the shoot – Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
- 12m 36s – Importance of timekeeping
- 13m 40s – Model casting
- 17m 00s – Combining award and consumer collection
- 19m 45s – Shooting on a budget
- 22m 11s – Images for social media
- 26m 14s – The editing process
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guests: Robert Masciave and Desmond Murray
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.