This week, we’re discussing all things PR; what is PR, what can it do for your business; how does it work and how a PR expert might be able to help you. We also talk about how to make the most of your own business and some best practice tips, too. We’re joined by two of the hairdressing industries most experienced PRs to get down to the nitty-gritty…
On the panel…
Sharon Brigden – is managing director of SLBPR, a disruptive, culturally engaged, lifestyle communications agency, respected and renowned in the hair industry for their clever, creative work for clients of all sizes.
Sally Learmouth – A former journalist, Sally founded Gloss Communications in 2005. Based in London, Sally’s clients include: Jamie Stevens, Jack Howard, Karine Jackson, Gina Conway, Bloggs Salons, and Curlformers. Offering a full range of services from PR to social media, events, and business development, Gloss also works with lifestyle and wellbeing brands including Wanderlust UK.
- 1m 18s – Elevator pitch for PR
- 2m 25s – PR is not one size fits all
- 5m 30s – How do you know when you need a PR?
- 7m 0s – Importance of chemistry (Extension of the team)
- 9m 15s – Can PR turn a business around?
- 12m 40s – Biggest PR successes
- 15m 03s – Different strategies for consumer and trade media
- 17m 20s – Maximising your budget and opportunities
- 18m 21s – The PR side of social media
- 22m 52s – Cost
- 25m 26s – There’s no such thing as bad PR?
- 26m 52s – Best practices
- 29m 24s – What do journalists look for in a PR
- Customer Service
- Difference between advertising and editorial
- Karine Jackson
- Organic Colour
- Jack Howard
- Jamie Stevens
- BaByliss Pro
- London Fashion Week
- Increase sales + footfall or bums on seats!
Hosts: Nicky Pope and Lilly Cox
Guests: Sharon Brigden and Sally Learmouth
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts HERE:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.