Colour is big business for any salon. So in this episode of the Respectfully podcast, we’re asking how do we use collections to inspire both colourists and clients? How do you promote your colour business without collections? We also talk about expectations: Instagram vs reality, celebrities and filters – and how these can be misleading.
On the panel…
Darren Ambrose– Co-founder of D&J Ambrose alongside his wife Jackie, Darren is not only a global ambassador for Wella Professional, but also one of British hairdressing’s creative leaders who has won several awards for his work. What an honour for Darren to join us on the panel.
Tracy Hayes– The global head of technical training for Fudge Professional. Tracy has a wealth of industry knowledge, one day she might be shooting hair collections, the next she can be educating in international academies. Between her hectic schedule we couldn’t be happier that Tracey was able to spare the time to share her expert knowledge on the panel.
- Collections – 1 min 17 secs
- Salon Consultations – 5 mins 30 secs
- Colour Trends – 6 mins 9 secs
- Clientele – 7 mins 30 secs
- Social media – 9 mins 38 secs
- Bespoke hair colour – 11 mins 25 secs
- Benefits of colour collections 12 mins 15 secs
- Misrepresentation of colour and expectations – 16 mins 2 secs
- Working with Colour companies – 17 mins 52 secs
- Advice for photographic shoots– 23 secs
- Promoting colour without shoots– 26 mins 35 secs
- Clients understanding colour courses – 28 mins 28 secs
Hosts: Nicky Pope & Lilly Cox
Guests: Darren Ambrose & Tracy Hayes
You can subscribe to the Respectfully podcasts here: www.respectyou.me