How to grow your business
This week, we talk to Tim Binnington and Penny Etheridge about how to grow your business. How do you go from a single salon in a small town to being a nationwide salon group? Our guests share their knowledge on how to grow your brand.
On the panel…
Penny Etheridge– Owner of Radiant Hair & Beauty Consultancy. A hairdresser herself, Penny owned a group of salons in 90’s called Storm which she sold on, and now works as a business consultant – specialising in small salons.
Tim Binnington –Has been a hairdresser since the age of 16 and spent most of his career with Headmasters. Tim is now Headmasters’ commercial director and is the creator of the innovative Manta brush.
- Building business – 1 min 28 sec
- Letting go of a business – 5 mins 20 sec
- Growing business- 5 mins 55 secs
- Drive to open a salon- 7 mins 15 secs
- Employing people – 8 mins 15 secs
- Rent a chair – 8 min 54 secs
- Being Creative and a businessman – 9 mins 26 secs
- Brand importance – 9 mins 50 secs
- Franchising – 12 mins 48 secs
- Consultancy – 13 min 38 secs
- Being consistent – 17 mins 15 secs
- SWOT Analysis – 18 min 44 secs
- Planning – 19 mins 34 secs
- Delegate – 24 mins 10 secs
- 75% Rule- 25 mins 12 secs
- Key Advice – 28 mins 1 secs
- Radiant Hair Consultancy
- Rent a chair
- SWOT analysis
- Andrew Barton
- Pros and cons of profit share
Hosts: Nicky Pope & Lilly Cox
Guests: Penny Etheridge & Tim Binnington
For more information on Respectfully, follow us on:
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.