Celebrity hair stylist and renowned men’s groomer, Amy Komorowski helped Jacob Elorodi get Met Gala ready, with a little help from her trusty American Crew products.
“For Jacob’s Met Gala look this year, I wanted the hair to look polished yet effortless, with just the right about of volume and texture,” says Amy.
Get the look
- I always start by prepping the hair, which creates a foundation for the rest of the styling products to build upon. I sprayed American Crew Prep & Prime Tonic evenly throughout the entire head of hair and used my fingers to refresh the hair. It adds a light hold and texture for increased control and manageability.
- Next, I followed up with American Crew’s new Matte Clay Spray which adds even more texture and body. I sprayed a few pumps just to the front part of the hair and used my fingers to add lift to the roots.
- With a hairdryer on low speed, I continued to use my fingers to create lift at the roots. I continued to set and style the hair, until completely dry leaving the hair with effortless texture.
- I styled with a mixture of American Crew Cream Pomade first then followed up with a bit of American Crew Matte Clay. The Cream Pomade provides moisture and conditioning benefits plus adds a bit of shine.
- Lastly, I took a dime sized amount of American Crew Matte Clay, rubbed it between the palms of my hands and focused on the ends of the hair for extra hold and definition.
For more news from Revlon Professional click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.