We can’t get enough of the looks at New York Fashion Week Men’s this season so we’ve decided to dedicate a series to our favourite styles. Oribe always team up with the coolest stylists to create stunning looks and this season is no different. We caught up with Oribe educator, Nathan Nguyen, who masterminded some amazing looks for SS19. He gives us a breakdown on his show look for Sundae School SS19 which features abundant volume and natural texture:
- Prep with Mystify Restyling Spray and leave hair damp.
- Apply Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends, partially dry hair to eliminate the majority of moisture.
- Section hair organically into three sections, loosely braid and set braids using a flat iron.
- Once dry, release braids and separate using fingers or a fine-tooth comb.
- Apply Swept Up Volume Powder Spray to create a matte, lived-in finish.
- Finish with Dry Texturizing Spray for added volume and texture.
Read more about Oribe HERE
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.