Not to wish away this year, but we loved recently seeing Jeremy Scott’s looks for Moschino Resort 2019 and Men’s Spring/Summer 2019 show. Scott bought a kaleidoscope of colour and eccentric entertainment to the circus-themed shows and sessionista, Oribe Canales (co-founder of the Oribe brand) was quick to use the theme as an excuse to showcase an array of styles – from colourful and creatively-cut wigs adorned with eye-catching hair pieces and hats, to a tight twist that climbed up the back of the head. Absolutely gorgeous we say and why don’t you try?
We’ve got a step by step guide to get the Tight Twist look:
- Collect the hair at the crown and pin out of the way
- Create three sections using the remaining hair from the top of the ear to the nape of the neck. Using Oribe Rock Hard Gel, secure the center section into a ponytail and secure just under the crown
- Apply Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray throughout the two remaining sections. Backcomb each section at the root then smooth each section into the center
- Twist hair up and secure tightly with pins. Smooth the ends of the hair into a tight roll
- Release the top section and backcomb for height at the crown, smoothing it back for a “Grace Jones” feel
- Twist the remaining hair down the center seam, securing tightly with pins. Set the entire look with Superfine Hair Spray.
Check out the gallery from the Moschino show below to get your really fired up….
Find out more about Oribe HERE
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Choose from our menus to discover the most interesting, innovative and inspiring hairdressing events that help grown your business, add new skills and extend your career. Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.