Hygiene and Safety
With salons preparing to welcome back clients, L’Oréal Professional Products Division, including L’Oréal Professionnel, Redken, Matrix, Kérastase and Pulp Riot, has created a new, 30 minute, interactive e-learning module to help salons feel confident to reopen safely. The module provides salon owners and hairdressers with guidelines on salon, client and personal hygiene and the training concludes with a certification that hairdressers can share across social media and with their clients to show how they are getting prepared to reopen safely.
To access the module click HERE.
As part of the Access Hygiene & Safety E-learning campaign, L’Oréal is committed to donating £1/€1 to Industry Charities; The Hair and Beauty Charity (UK) or Look Good Feel Better (ROI) for every completed E Learning up to the first 10,000.
L’Oréal Salon Support Measures During Covid-19
In addition to the e-learning module, here’s how else L’Oréal has been helping salons during the pandemic…
- Back to Business Salon Support Guide: L’Oréal has produced a Back to Business Salon Support Guide to help salons to prepare for their safe reopening, including robust and detailed hygiene and safety measures, team and salon organisation and communication.
- Hygiene & Safety Guidelines: L’Oréal has worked in collaboration with Trade Bodies, National Hair and Beauty Federation and British Beauty Council to create hygiene guidelines for salons to support their safe reopening.
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE: L’Oréal has procured over one million masks and is producing over 100,000 hand sanitiser gels for the UK and Ireland to support salons in their safe reopening.
- NEW Hygiene & Safety E-learning & Certificate: L’Oréal UK and Ireland is creating a Hygiene and Safety e-learning training on its online education platform Access, which is open to all salons and hairdressers. The training will include a certificate after completion.
- Virtual Education for all hairdressers: L’Oréal Access, the world’s largest e-learning platform dedicated to hairdressing professionals that first launched in the UK, now with over 30,000 UK users, has enabled L’Oréal to offer a wealth of virtual education to ensure that all hairdressers can continue in their training, development and be inspired during COvid-19.
- Payment freeze: Since March 26th, L’Oréal has frozen payments due from all independent salons.
For more of the latest industry news, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.