We will never get tired of highlighting how important sustainability is – more than ever in fact! Not as a box to tick but as a lifestyle and philosophy. And AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT is a true sustainability champion!
In our days it’s impossible not to think twice when making daily decisions; the message is resonating globally. A sustainable way of living, working and trading is essential. AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONEPT is built with sustainability at the core of their ethos, ensuring every brand decision is made consciously and collaboratively with their brand ambassadors.
In 2019, AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT established itself as a brand with purpose. During the year, the ethical brand achieved:
- All bottles, jars and cans are recyclable
- Carefully selected ingredients with vegan formulas
- Supporting the Sustainable Guar initiative (since 2017)
- Ethical souring of Fairtrade violet rice extract
- Products registered by the Vegan Society™
- Shopping bags made of recycled paper with our salon materials printed
on vegan, biodegradable, FSC-certified paper with mineral-oil free inks
- 100% Fairtrade, organic cotton in-salon towels
During 2020 AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT has continued its promise and during the year achieved the following:
- Launched their first sustainable in-salon Refill Bar, with 92% recycled plastic bottles and 85% bio-based PE labels
- Started to rework all bottles & over the counter as well as Backwash jars out of 80% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic, hitting the market as of 2021
- Produced a carefully crafted seminar, designed to give hairdressers a wider awareness and understanding of sustainability
- Started a journey together with Hairdressers Without Borders (for 3+ years)
- Launched a gift box campaign which supports 1% for the Planet – a global movement inspiring businesses and individuals to support environmental organisations
- Launched product Refill Bars to encourage salons and their clients to be more sustainable by returning and refilling bottles
Amazing work! But it doesn’t stop there. AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT is on a journey with a concrete plan to further strengthen its sustainability offer as the brand continues exploring more opportunities to evolve and make powerful changes.
Want to see more on this great journey and brand? Join and connect with the AUTHENTIC BEAUTY CONCEPT community online via @authenticbeautyconceptuk on social media and the #authenticbeautymovement hashtag.
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me