Days get warmer and summer is coming soon; and even though times are uncertain and feels difficult to think or plan any holidays at the moment, people will be getting as much sunshine as possible the weeks to come, so it’s important to ask your clients to give some extra care to their hair. Schwarzkopf Professional BC Sun Protect will get you sorted. Yay!
Especially now, that salons are closed, it’s important for hairdressers to stay connected to their clientele and give them the right advice and tips. So how about starting with sharing these 3 top tips with them?
- Always wash & shampoo the hair after a day of swimming in the pool. This gets rid of the harmful effects of chlorine which can cause problems to natural & colour treated hair i.e. hair turning greenish, hair breakage and damage!
- Apply a spray conditioner or protection spritz throughout the day, similar to how you would apply sun cream. This helps ‘top up’ the sun protection on the hair.
- A lightweight conditioning treatment is the perfect indulgence for the hair after a long day in the sun. Apply to towel-dried hair and leave for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Hair will be re-hydrated and nourished, also shiny and ready for the evening!
Schwarzkopf Professional BC Sun Protect range kit
Here comes the essential summer kit for hair; the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Sun Protect range with a UV filter to protect hair from damage caused by UV rays and give that lost glory back. It has been specially developed to protect, cleanse and treat all hair types BEFORE, DURING and AFTER sun exposure. The kit contains three must-have products in a cute travel bag.
1. BC Sun Protect Prep & Protection Spritz : a continuous fine spray mist that prepares, protects and nourishes the hair before and during sun exposure.
- Waterproof formula that protects the hair before and during sunbathing
- Helps protect the hair from colour fade
- Weightlessly adds shine
2. BC Sun Protect Hair and Body Bath: a gentle yet nourishing after-sun cleanser with Buriti Oil and Sea Algae extract that purifies and revives sun-stressed hair while gently cleanses the body.
- Removes residue from sun products, chlorine and salt water
- Rebalances the moisture level of hair, scalp and skin
- Nourishes and strengthens the hair
- Protects colour from fading
3. BC Sun Protect 2-in-1 Treatment: a rich and creamy 2-in-1 treatment with Buriti Oil and Sea Algae extract that deeply restores sun-stressed hair.
- Can be used as a conditioner (leave on for 1-2 mins), or as a treatment (leave on for 5-10 mins)
- Deeply nourishes, replenishes and moisturises the hair
- Reduces greenish discolouration caused by chlorinated water
- Provides up to 95% less hair breakage vs. untreated hair
The kit is available in the UK as a travel size kit, RRP £19.95 / €23.95.
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.