The Coronavirus outbreak continues to restrict and impact our lives in many ways and salons are closed until further notice; this means that for many- especially small, independent salons and freelancers, the income stream is currently zero. Henkel stands in solidarity with the global hairdressing community, working hard to support, to sustain and to inspire. One of the ways in which they are doing this is through the HelpYourSalon.com support initiative.
Hairdresser Solidarity Campaign
Henkel’s Hairdresser Solidarity Campaign began globally at the start of the pandemic with
- A €2 million donation to the WHO/UN Foundation Covid-19 fund
- 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products
- Henkel switching to disinfectants production
The UK Beauty Care Professional team arranged donations of more than 18,000 Schwarzkopf Professional products to four NHS hospitals in the UK and Ireland. University Hospital Coventry, Princess Royal Hospital Farnborough, Kings College Hospital London and St James Hospital Dublin all received thousands of hair care and styling products as a small thank you for their incredible efforts. The product donations aren’t stopping there, as the team is already lining up more NHS hospitals to donate to over the coming weeks.
The next stage is focusing on supporting salons. The Hairdresser Solidarity Campaign partnered with HelpYourSalon.com to provide a free platform to sell vouchers. Designed to help businesses, such as salons and independent hairdressers to survive the shut-down with the means to generate an immediate cash flow.
Free from any brand affiliation, Henkel has shown their commitment to the professional hairdressing industry as a whole by creating a site that’s open for any salon or freelance hairdresser to user. Helpyoursalon provides a free platform for any salon or freelance stylists to personalise and sell digital gift vouchers, through a quick and easy registration process. There are no costs attached. Salons do not need an online shop – or even a website – to use it. This is your chance to generate some revenue now and have loyal clients later.
How does it work?
It’s so easy!
- Register at helpyoursalon.co.uk/helpyoursalon.ie – the process takes less than two minutes.
- Create, or link to, an existing Business PayPal account.
- You can personalise vouchers or donation cards with your logo and choice of service or amount.
- You will receive a link which you can send directly to clients or promote on social media or other marketing methods. Even via Whatsapp!
- Clients receive a personalised voucher for their salon, to use once it’s back up and running.
- You can choose to offer discounts on any pre-purchased services to help incentivise the scheme – or alternatively you could ask for a donation targeting clients that have previously been a ‘no-show’ with a ‘no-show penance donation’.
- All revenue will be sent directly to the salon’s PayPal account, with no middle-man or costs.
A service completely independent of both brands and suppliers and available to salons and freelance stylists equally, free of charge.
The only caveat is that salon owners and stylists must seek advice from their solicitor, accountant or tax adviser and business insurer, who can provide tailored advice for individual cases to ensure income via vouchers and donations doesn’t compromise any state aid being applied for, or void business liability insurance policies.
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.