Staying in is the new going out – we know it very well now. And this concept is reflected more and more in photoshoots, campaigns and ads. With this in mind, Authentic Beauty Concept enlisted the expertise of award-winning stylist and brand ambassador Tim Scott-Wright to create beautiful, undone hair for a new luxury loungewear collection shoot from London based clothing brand, AADNEVIK.
Taking inspiration from the French girl’s effortless style, Tim created a look for the female model that exuded a powerful sensuality, that was seductive and free, yet fragile and soft. This low-maintenance attitude towards styling has a perfect synergy with the Authentic Beauty Concept brand – hair that allows you time to focus on other aspects of life.
Tim demonstrates how to create this carefree look using Authentic Beauty Concept’s no nonsense, vegan styling range:
- I first prepped the hair with the Authentic Beauty Concept Flawless Primer which creates the perfect base for any hairstyle – subtle control with a light conditioning for a smooth surface.
- I then used the Authentic Beauty Concept Amplify Mousse, which adds a light grip and volume to the hair but leaves it manageable, and Velcro rollers while blow-drying the hair to create body.
- Following this I went back in with the Authentic Beauty Concept Nymph Salt Spray to add a light texture while keeping the hair natural, which helped to deconstruct the blow-dry. I then used the nozzle of the hairdryer and a paddle brush to take the hair away from the face.
- To set the hair I used the Authentic Beauty Concept Working Hairspray which provides a flexible hold.
- Switching from one clothes look to another, I used the Authentic Beauty Concept Dry Shampoo to refresh the hair and maintain the mouldability throughout the shoot.
All products can be found at Authentic Beauty Concept’s new UK online shop
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me