Last week we looked at how to apply the much-loved Great Lengths pre-bonded extensions, this week we’re taking a look at tape wefts. Lightweight and virtually undetectable, tape wefts are an even quicker way to enhance the hair. Maintenance is easy too, the ideal method for those clients who dream of long locks but are a little time conscious.
Tape wefts are anchored to a thin adhesive strip which lie completely flat to the head with minimal tension on the hair. When removed by a certified stylist, the Tapes cause no damage to the client’s natural hair and can be re-applied by a professional up to three times.
How to apply
- Prep the hair with Great Lengths Clean Remover Shampoo, to remove excess oils and any residue. Dry smooth on a medium heat.
- Section the client’s hair ready for application. Below the application section, take a 2-3mm section of hair that’s the same width of the tape. Raise the section above the application line, wrapping the hair between the middle and index finger. Then, bring the raised section down onto the tape.
- To create the colour effect, place the pastel pink tape directly on top of the first tape.
- Using the application tweezers, apply pressure to the tape to encourage the adhesive bind.
- Work row by row up the client’s head, and repeat the steps.
- Barrel tong the hair, and brush out to create a soft curl to finish the look.
For more news from Great Lengths, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hair tools, education training and seminars and hair shows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me