The absence of events, shows and bling bling has definitely affected our industry and styling in general. But it’s good to see some events still happening; the 2020 Billboard Music Awards (USA) have given us some great Red Carpet looks and ghd shows here how to create them with the ghd hair tools.
Look 1 : Tik-Tok superstar Addison Rae
Hair by celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak (@mararoszak)
Inspiration: “The hair look was inspired by modern yet classic Old Hollywood.” – Mara Roszak
1. Start by blow drying the hair using the ghd helios™ professional hairdryer
and a medium round brush to create a nice shiny base as the foundation for the look.
2. Next, part the hair in the middle and wave the hair towards the face on both sides using the ghd curve soft curl tong.
3. Use the ghd platinum+ styler to smooth the roots, spray a fine mist all over for shine and tuck the left side of the hair behind the ear.
4. For the right side of the hair, work to maintain the “S” formation to give the hair a really classic shape and maintain softness.
• ghd helios™ professional hairdryer (£159)
• ghd curve® soft curl tong (£129)
• ghd platinum+ styler (£189)
For more good hair news from ghd, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating- whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here