Feeling the festival vibes at Respect HQ this morning, with the arrival of this little beauty in our inbox straight from Coachella. Too gorgeous not to share, here’s how to recreate Maya Jama’s loose luxe waves courtesy of stylist Patrick Wilson.
- Prep hair with ghd curl hold spray for shine and added heat protection.
- Create a deep side parting and blow-dry hair super straight using the ghd festival collection air hairdryer.
- Use the ghd curve classic curl tong, alternating the direction of the curls for added texture.
- Leave the ends straighter using the ghd platinum+ festival styler.
- Seal the top of the parting using the back of the warm styler to lock in the hair.
- Twist pin a small section at the front of the hair aligned with the parting.
- Finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray for maximum.
For more good hair news from ghd, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.