Want to know how Becky Brown created this sweet look for the Elizabeth & Giovanni Sugar Crush collection? Then don’t go anywhere, because Becky has shared all her techniques and her trusted products used to help her achieve this Baby Spice inspired look.
Get the look
- We started with a cleanse using the Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Clean Performance Volume shampoo, which is perfect for removing any dirt and impurities but isn’t too heavy on the hair.
- I then used Schwarzkopf Professional Silhouette Colour Brilliance mousse before applying the Session Label The Thickener spray and Bonacure Clean Performance Repair Rescue Sealed End, this combination helped to add volume, shine and to smooth out the ends, giving me the perfect base to create my look.
- I then partially dried the hair before going in with a blow-dry brush. I focused on getting lift at the roots, smooth through the middle and then a bend in the very ends of the hair. I didn’t want to curl the hair, but instead to get a dramatic flick throughout the ends. I used the medium to hot setting on the hairdryer to smooth out the hair as much as I could, then switched to cool to set the hair.
- Once set, I pined the ends up to help keep their shape whilst I finished the rest of the look.
- I then worked on my deep side fringe. I sectioned with my pin tail comb before below drying it very sleek and without much body. This gave the fringe a smooth finish around the side of the face.
- Next I left the hair to cool for a good hour so before I started taking the pins out. Once they were all out, I went through with a soft bristle brush to release the hair, giving it lots of body and texture.
- I then began work on the pig tales. I created a zig zag parting at the top so you couldn’t see a straight line on the photo. Then sectioned in to two pig tales before tying the bobbles high and tight. This helped to bring hight and drama to the finished image.
- Once everything was in place, I went through with large tongs to define the ends and used OSIS+ Keep it Light hairspray for strong but moveable hold.
For more news from Henkel, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.