Session stylist: James Oxley using Fudge Professional
Hair Inspiration: For Zandra Rhodes’ latest show – the first season in her jubilee year in which she celebrates 50 years in fashion design – hair stylist James Oxley paid tribute to Zandra’s 80s work: hair looks were a mix between ‘just out of the shower’ wet, towel turban hair, and models that looked like they’d just left a club with gritty, danced in buns.
- Apply Fudge Professional Xpander Foam to fine hair, or Fudge Professional Tri Blo to thicker hair. For models with blonde hair, use the Clean Blonde Violet equivalents to knock out brassy tones. Brush through hair.
- Brush up into a high, off-centre ponytail, or a low ponytail placed behind the ear.
- Saturate with Fudge Professional Skyscraper Extra all over.
- Add in signature wefts for texture, then twist and pin into a bun. Cover with a net and apply heat to flatten.
- Apply Fudge Professional Think Big Texture Spray and tease wefts out of bun until you achieve fluffed out, gritty texture. Finish with Fudge Professional Skyscraper Extra.
For more news from Fudge Professional, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.