Alex Mullins’ SS19 show at London Fashion Week Men’s was a diverse collection featuring structural silhouettes, unexpected fabrics and inspiration from the east. Looking past the clothes, we were all about the hair created by Jonathan de Francesco for Fudge Professional.
The show was broken up into three themes with each look creating a visual story, with the hair look following suit. We saw John Travolta-style slicked-back pompadours, wavy looks and clean, simple blow-dries.
Jonathon breaks down how to get the John Travolta-inspired look:
- Apply Fudge Professional Xpander Foam, then dry hair with diffuser.
- Create a wet look with Fudge Professional Hair Gum. Rake through wit fingers from roots to ends, pulling back from face and down to nape of neck.
- Finish with Fudge Professional Skyscraper Extra hairspray to fix the look.
He also explained how to get the simple, fresh look:
- Apply Fudge Professional Tri-Bloto freshly washed hair.
- Blow dry with medium barrel round brush to create a rounded shape. Finish with jet of cold hair to fix.
- Finish with Fudge Professional Skyscraper Extra to set in place.
Check out the full gallery below:
To read more from Fudge click HERE
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.