On behalf of ANTI acclaimed hair provocateur Charlie Le Mindu head up the hair team for the Art School show at London Fashion Week Men’s, interpreting the ‘Fearless Love’ theme of the show through a diverse series of styles, personalised to each model. As always, incredible.
The brand, directed by the creative partnership of Eden Loweth and Tom Barratt, is one of the most exciting new names in fashion and was nominated for the Emerging Talent category at the British Fashion Awards. Their exciting, fearless, dynamic approach to design is a perfect partner for Charlie, whose innovative hair creations have been displayed in galleries and in his own catwalk presentations, as well as on celebrities including Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey.
Five key looks were created by Charlie and the hair team, with each tweaked to form a bespoke finish for the models…
- Look one – For models wearing bandanas, ANTI Finishing Cream was used to slick back hair for a sleek finish, topped off with a bandana placed low on the forehead and tied at the nape. Some styles were finished in a strong, wing-shaped structure, while others with longer hair were wig-wrapped underneath.
- Look two – For models with a loose, natural finish, hair was styled in a middle parting and powdered clay was layered and set into the hair. ANTI Finishing Cream and Shine Spray were used on the lengths of the hair.
- Look three – ANTI Cream Paste was manipulated through hair to create volume and texture. Talc powder was then applied to the hair, leaving a dusty trail in the air as models walked.
- Look four – For a wet-look finish, hair was slicked to the head shape and moulded onto the face, neck and shoulders using Finishing Cream on wet hair. This was left to air dry and set in place, before lubricant was poured on top just before the models walked, to give the appearance that they were emerging from the water.
- Look five – One of the most talked-about looks of the show was the chest hair, crafted into shape to spell out the name of the brand. To get the look, an ANTI gel formula – still in the making – was used with a pintail to comb the hair into shape across the torso, spelling out ‘ART SCHOOL’.
For more news from Anti, click HERE.
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hearand We Seeas the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me
We love hairdressing; we see and we hear how you can become the best hairdresser, colourist and salon owner possible. Contact us if you’d like to know more about us. If it’s worth talking about, you’ll read it here.