Gavin McIntyre Salon Director at the award winning G&E McIntyre’s in Northampton shares his step-by-step to create this gorgeous 70’s inspired, on trend look using the ALFAPARF Milano range.
My inspiration for this look comes from adopting the 70s texture and hair fashion trend into a modern take of rule breaking by combining a rebellious 90s edge to the look. With G&E McIntyre’s being so well known for its colours, panel placement within the look helped create a DIY type effect of colour utilising exciting neon colours to make the hair cut & styling pop against a monochrome clothes styling.
My model Rosie’s character behind the colour is a girl who is playful & adopts a Japanese street fashion edge with an edgy twist that nods towards the gender neutral style of ripped straight cut jeans & square cut leather jacket, but a gorgeous femininity in her blouse that is complimented in the hair colour choice & styling
- Before any chemical service, I prepped the model’s hair with the ALFAPARF Milano Reparative Lotion
- I then decolourised her mid lengths and ends using ALFAPARF Milano Easy Lift, Lightener, Volume shampoo and 10 volume developer with Bond Rebuilder for 50 mins, reapplying throughout.
- I then applied Easy Lift and 10 volume developer as a global root lightener application, lifting up to a level 9 to match mid lengths and ends.
- After washing off the global lightener decolourisation, I then applied ALFAPARF Milano Scalp and Fiber Hair Restorer, followed by ALFAPARF Milano Semi Di Lino SOS Emergency Oil under heat for 10 minutes, 5 minutes no heat.
- After rinsing out emergency oil, I then did a panel foil placement of Easy Lift lightener & 5 volume developer with Bond Rebuilder for 25 mins, and applied a global colour around foils of 9-04 and 10 volume developer to create my global base colour.
- On the panel lightened sections I applied Color Wear 8-44 and 5 volume developer with 10g of Neon Dynamic Orange in Revolution Color Wear 10-42 & 5 volume developer with 10g of Neon Eccentric Pink in Revolution.
- I rinsed off the colour using ALFAPARF Milano Semi Di Lino Reparative shampoo, applying Scalp & Fibre Hair Restorer for 3 minutes, rinsing off and then conditioning the hair with ALFAPARF Milano Semi Di Lino Reparative mask to maintain the condition of the hair.
I used a razor to shape the fringe into modern 70s face frame bangs. I then cut the hair into a blunt cut bob to retain strength and thickness in the shape & hair.
My must have products to create this look were:
- ALFAPARF Milano Semi Di Lino Cristalli Liquidi
- ALFAPARF Milano Semi Di Lino Anti Breakage Fluid
- ALFAPARF Milano Style Stories Thermal Protector
- ALFAPARF Milano Style Stories Flexible Mousse
- ALFAPARF Milano Style Stories Original Hairspray
To finish, I styled the hair with a medium size wand for a loose wave, blow drying the bang fringe back off the face for a modern flick finish.
For more news from ALFAPARF Milano click HERE
Respect is a hub for UK hairdressers of all ages and stages to find out what We Love, We Hear and We See as the best product launches, styling advice, hairtools, education training and seminars and hairshows! Sign up to our newsletter which is sent fortnightly direct to your email, so you stay up-to-date with salon styling information, trends in session work, advice on presenting on stage or progress in educating – whatever your interest, whether you’re a trainee or creative director, an educator or team leader, you’ll find all the opportunities and ideas on www.respectyou.me