News added 30/11/2017:
Ooh! Your social media images will be a whole lot more exciting with the launch of ultra-Modern Marble collection – a Limited Edition release fro Paul Mitchell. Take the Express Ion Unclipped 3-in-1 [pictured above], which features a sleek marbled white design with reflective gold, interchangeable barrels. It creates curls, tousled waves or full-bodied volume in the hair, while you look super-cool using it. Or pick up the Express Ion Smooth styler (1.25” cushioned Ceramic plates) which polishes strands in less time, every time, for healthy looking results. Lush! A choice of brushes, again backed in Modern Marble, seal the deal. Read on;
• Modern Marble 427 Paddle Brush is a wide design to give you maximum control and help build body while blow-drying, providing a polished finish
• Modern Marble 413 Sculpting Brush is a slim design and ideal for sculpting, styling and easily detangling wet or dry strands
• Express Ion Unclipped 3-in-1: Healthy shiny results using this hairdressing tool set. Clamp-free design allows hair to get straight to the heat source. A 1″ styling rod gives loose waves, a 0.75″ small styling cone is perfect for ringlets, and a 1.25″ styling cone gives you natural-looking curls. RRP £99.95.
• Modern Marble Express Ion Smooth [pictured left and below] is a way to straighten unruly strands in less time, every time, to ensure healthy-looking results with incredible shine. Heats up to 205ºC in 60 seconds! 1.25″ cushioned Ceramic plates NB packed with a free Sculpting Brush. RRP £99.95
Perfect for retail – after all, great styling isn’t just for Christmas… but goes all season long.
News added: 07/12/2016: The final instalment of Paul Mitchell’s festive offerings this Christmas are these super-luxe product collections from the Awapuhi Wild Ginger range. Promising that these indulgence gift-sets with ‘relax, refresh and renew’ your hair, who wouldn’t want to give them a go? Channel their Hawaiian heritage and transformative technology to have a very lavish Christmas! #Awapuhi
• Indulge and Smooth to strengthen, protect and style.
Includes: Moisturising Lather Shampoo, Keratin Cream Rinse and a HydroCream Whip.
• Indulge and Repair for flawlessly smooth and brilliantly shiny hair.
Includes: MirrorSmooth Shampoo, MirrorSmooth Conditioner and MirrorSmooth High Gloss.
• Ultimate Indulgence is a modern, luxurious and high-performance package.
Includes: Moisturizing Lather Shampoo, Keratin Intensive Treatment, HydroMist Blow-Out Spray and a Styling Treatment Oil.
News added 28/11/16: For the man in your life this Christmas, treat him with a luxurious gift set from Mitch. Cool, modern and sharp – the three gift sets on offer combine high street grooming with a retro vibe. Concentrated, high-performance products make great grooming easy for the modern man. Snap ’em up we say. #MakeItMitch this Christmas!
Matte kit includes:
• Heavy Hitter – deep cleansing shampoo.
• Reformer – strong hold, matte finish texturizer.
• Double hitter – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner.
• Construction paste – elastic hold, mesh styler.
THE GRAND GENT:
• Double hitter – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner
• Clean cut – medium hold, semi-matte styling cream.
• Steady grip – firm hold, natural shine gel.
News added 23/11/16: Get that Christmas tingle with tea tree! Paul Mitchell have four new Christmas offerings from their super popular, eco-friendly range. There’s brownie points for purchasing too; on the back of each pack is the web address where you can redeem a free tree to help Paul Mitchell reach their goal of planting 500,000 trees by the end of 2016. Get that #PMTingle this Christmas knowing you are helping Reforest’Action do something amazing!
Invigorate your routine with this tingle-tactic trio:
• Tea Tree Special Shampoo 300ml
• Tea Tree Special Conditioner 300ml
• Tea Tree Firm Hold Gel 75ml
Refresh your style with these energising body builders:
• Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo 300ml
• Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner 300ml
• Lemon Sage Thickening Spray 75ml
Quench thirsty hair and soothe the senses:
• Lavender Mint Moisturising Shampoo 300ml
• Lavender Mint Moisturising Conditioner 300ml
• Tea Tree Body Bar 35g
GIVE IT ALL
For the ultimate morning wakeup call:
• Tea Tree Special Shampoo 300ml
• Tea Tree Special Conditioner 300ml
• Tea Tree Shaping Cream 85g
• Tea Tree Body Bar 150g
• Tea Tree Firm Hold Gel 75ml
News added 15/11/16: PEACE, LOVE, POP
Paul Mitchell have got you covered for fun this festive season! We’re loving this super-fun selection of comic-inspired gift sets. Pop out the prop on the front of each box, and use it for a festive selfie! Post it on social media using #PEACELOVEGIVE and #BABY2BABY …. With over 10 different gift sets to choose from, there is sure to be one to suit every client hair type. These super-fun, glitter sets have a double feel-good factor as every gift set supports BABY2BABY, a charity which provides low-income children ages 0-12 with nappies, clothing and other necessities.
News added 04/11/16: Continuing their technologically advanced Neuro Intelligent Styling range, Paul Mitchell will introduce three new Neuro Round Titanium Thermal Brushes to launch in January 2017.
The brushes are crafted from industrial-grade components that undergo rigorous quality control checks to ensure they’re able to cope with the pressures of heat styling. Sounds like a winner to us!
Key features include:
• Bristles are heat resistant up to 260C
• Nylon anti-static corkscrew bristles create a smooth finish and add shine
• Vented titanium barrel outperforms ceramic alternatives by retaining heat and reducing drying time.
• Seamless design with soft-touch handles for added comfort when styling
• Ergonomic, lightweight and perfectly balanced
• Magnetic handle base sits brush upright.
News added 25/10/16: We’re thrilled to have got our hands on this beautifully understated NAHA collection from Lucie Doughty, Global Editorial Director for Paul Mitchell. Using just two models, Lucie has created a series of stunning looks executed to perfection. The bare-faced models allow our full attention to be drawn to the shapes she has precisely and artfully created – bravo!
Hair: Lucie Doughty, Global Editorial Director for Paul Mitchell. Make-up: John Stepleton. Photography: Albert Sanchez. Art Direction: Pedro Zalba.
News added 19/10/16: Last week, we were very excited to be invited to have a sneak peak of Paul Mitchell’s new Tea Tree Scalp Care trio which launches in the UK in January 2017. On first look, this preventative three-step system looks very impressive and is already out-selling other Paul Mitchell Tea Tree products in the US. Developed to target hair loss from numerous causes including: aging, genetics, hormonal changes amongst others, Paul Mitchell believe that healthy hair and hair growth begins with a healthy scalp.
The secret ingredient is Reginplex botanical blend which is a naturally- inspired blend of five active ingredients that promotes healthy hair and scalp in 3 key ways:
• Helps block the shrinking hair follicles
• Helps expand the follicle and strengthen the hair shaft
• Helps alter the growth pattern
STEP ONE: Anti-Thinning Shampoo
This is a colour-safe cleanser that gently removes impurities to prime the scalp for stronger, thicker-looking hair. The key to this is using the Regeniplex blend which contains Kakadu plum, pea peptides, clover flower, tumeric and ginseng to stimulate the scalp and provide fuller, thicker hair. It also helps to add volume by thickening each strand.
STEP TWO: Anti-Thinning Conditioner
A lightweight conditioner that is perfect for detangling fine, fragile hair without weighing hair down. Again the Regeniplex formular is used to protect against breakage, resulting in fuller, thicker hair.
STEP THREE: Anti-Thinning Tonic
Apply this spray twice-daily to create an optimal scalp environment for thicker, stronger, fuller hair. The Regeniplex blend absorbs into the scalp to help stimulate and protect against breakage, resulting in fuller, thicker hair. It also increases the hair enisty and encourages healthy hair growth as an added bonus!
News added 27/09/16: Paul Mitchell’s latest addition of styling tools are pretty special and offer stylists peak performance. Hot off the press, let us introduce you to the four new styling tools added to the Neuro collection:
Touch activated, this dryer promotes easy handling, saves times and conserves energy. Clever! The innovative MotionZone technology turns the dryer on when you pick it up and off when you put it down. It dries hair quickly and gently while reducing frizz, for super-efficient styling.
• Touch-activated MotionZone technology powers the dryer on and off
• Lightweight 1875-watt DC motor
• LED display shows heat and power settings
• 4 heat settings and a cool shot button
• SmartSense microchip activates world’s first “Clean Filter” function
• Protective soft-touch rubber coating
• 2 year warranty
The Neuro Grip handle-less dryer has been desgned to allow for ultimate comfort and control when styling the hair. The intelligent and ergonomic deisgn enables you to dry hair with the same technique as ordinary dryers.
• Compact and powerful
• Lightweight 1875-watt DC motor – weighs only one pound
• Controls heat and airflow separately
• 3 heat/ 3 airflow settings plus cool shot setting
• Protective soft-touch rubber coating
• 2 year warranty
Neuro Unclipped 2-in-1
Back by popular demand! The three interchangable rods means this versatile styling tool can create beach waves, bouncy curls and tight ringlets by simply changing the barrel. This multi-tasking iron can create endless styling possibilities, perfect for someone who is constantly changing their style.
• Premium IsoTherm titanium barrels with cool tip
• 0.75″ cone, 1.25″ cone and 1″ rod
• Digital custom temperature control
• Heats up to 230 in seconds
• Free protective 3 finger glove
• 2 year warranty
This cordless styling iron is perfect for travelling and mid-day touch-ups. The Lithium battery allows for between 30 minutes to 1 hour of styling, depending on hair type and heat setting. Its compact design and convenient in-car charger makes this the perfect tool for someone who is always on the go.
• 1″ cordless styling iron
• Includes wall and car charger for convenient charging options
• Premium IsoTherm titanium plates
• Complimentary protective sleeve
• Dual voltage for worldwide use
• Lithium battery allows for 30 minutes to an hour of styling depending on hair type and heat setting
• 2 year warranty
News added 14/09/16: After all the excitement of Las Vegas, Paul Mitchell have turned their attention to trend-spotting. Ahead of an extremely busy fashion few weeks, the Paul Mitchell team have picked the looks they tip to be filling the catwalks this A/W show season.
This season, Dior offers a glamourous take on gothic with glossy hair parted to one side and swept into 90s knots at the nape of the neck. Want to get the look? Try washing the hair with MirrorSmooth Shampoo and Conditioner to promote a smooth cuticle and boost shine. Prep wet hair with the MirrorSmooth® High Gloss Primer before creating a sleekblow-dry using the Neuro® Motion. Neatly part the hair and craft the knots before adding a veil Of TheShineTM to the finished style for a show-stopping sheen.
Isabel Marant added a 50s twist on Parisian styling with super-low and loose roll tucks on top of the head with tight curls cascading down the models’ backs. This chic take on a rockabilly favourite can easily be achieved and work for any occasion. Simply work Sculpting FoamTM through damp hair to enhance its natural texture and encourage crunch-free curls. Comb through and rough dry with fingers to ensure the hairs’ natural curl is stimulated. Once the hair is dry use the Neuro® Unclipped .75 Cone to add additional curls though the ends of the hair and parting. Then twist sections at the front of the head and discreetly pin into rolls.
Hervé Léger perfectly encompassed grunge glamour throughout this season’s collection. Hair wafted with dishevelled waves, held back on one side with a twisted punk style braid. This look is simpler and messier than the elaborate braids we have seen infiltrating the catwalk and internet this summer, making it a perfectly achievable look. Using the Neuro® Style add loose waves to the hair from cheekbone level down to the ends. Layer the hair with a generous helping of Dry Wash® to add texture to the roots. Part the hair to one side and section one side into 3 sections to create the twisted braid. Twisting each strand of hair and spritzing with Spray WaxTM to create a bendable texture whilst forming them into a French plait.
Fendi mimicked the wavy lines used in the collection in both the hair and make-up this season. Creating the ‘Fendi Flick’ on all models – a defined bend in the front sections of hair to frame the face and leaving the rest of the hair loosely ‘kinked’ with a retro feel. Work The Cream® Styling Conditioner through towel-dried hair to provide light hold and build body to the hair before letting the hair dry naturally. Once dry the use the Neuro® Style to smooth and curl the front sections of hair away from the face and run through MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment Light to add extra shine.
Hippy meets heavy metal chic at Versace this season. The look embraces smooth dark roots and roughly textured ends. Cleanse and condition with MarulaOil Rare Oil Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner to enhance natural shine and seal split ends. Using the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Rod, alternate the direction of loose curls from the mid-length of the hair to the ends. Smooth a drop of Awaphui Wild Ginger® Styling Treatment Oil® into palms and carefully smooth over the
top of the hair. Add extra texture to finer hair by lightly backcombing the ends a spritz with Awaphui Wild Ginger® Texturizing Sea Spray® to enhance waves add extra volume to this grown up rock ‘n’ roll look.
News added 31/08/16: Wow! Paul Mitchell sure know how to throw a party. In Las Vegas recently, the brand showcased awesome colours and creativity at their annual extravaganza The Gathering, and hosted their Business rEvolution event with style and imagination. It proves Paul Mitchell retains superb vibrancy and life in promoting superb standards of hair work with all round ‘joie de vivre’. We like it.
To recap, proceedings kicked off with Business rEvolution which helps support entrepreneurial salon professionals and aid them in their goal to build salon economies that are resilient, inclusive and informed. Speakers included John Paul DeJoria, co-founder & chairman of the board of John Paul Mitchell Systems & The Patrón Spirits Company. He shared his mantra: “Successful people do all of the things that unsuccessful people do not want to do.”
Then for two days of showmanship at The Gathering, the brand ran with the theme ‘Live Beautifully’, and brought together more than 3000 hairdressers from across the globe to share in the accomplishments and achievements of Paul Mitchell. Audiences were treated to sneak-peak of NEON; a new brand from Paul Mitchell exclusively designed for Gen Z and their mums, and set to launch in the UK in Spring 2017. And look out too for ‘the demi’ – Paul Mitchell’s new demi-permanent hair colour; and ‘POP XG’ – a vibrant semi-permanent cream colour. Both coming soon. Winners of the Color Outside The Lines colour competition were announced : British stylist Alexandria Garner scooped the international prize, while Tyson Noriega (Ogden, UT) was crowned the national winner, and Amanda Smith (Tulsa, OK) scooped the New Talent Award. Robert Cromeans and the Paul Mitchell Artistic Team presented a lush finale, sharing inspirational display of artistry with explosions of colour, passion and innovation. From a glow-in-the-dark, fibre-optic dress to a shrinking fringe in the ‘Prince’ tribute section; the team pulled out all the stops. Impressive!
News added 26/07/16: Paul Mitchell is proud to be supporting the Bright Pink charity again this year with it’s beautifully packaged United in Pink campaign. Focused on the fight to save women’s lives from breast and ovarian canver, Bright Pink is a brilliant organisation that empowers women to live life as proactively as possible from a young age. The stylish United in Pink collection is a great way to show your support to an incredibly worthy cause and it’s real pretty too. We’re in!
News added 11/07/16: It’s strong, it’s modern and it’s matte and it’s the latest addition to the male grooming range from Paul Mitchell: Mitch Matterial. Tapping into the burgeoning male market, Paul Mitchll has created a high performance styling clay with a strong-hold texture that adds bulk, without weight, for thicker-looking hair. With an ultra-matte finish, Matterial is the perfect no-fuss styling product for enhancing hair density and locking in looks that hold all day long. Nice! #MitchTheMan
News added 07/07/16: Channel seaworthy style with Paul Mitchell’s new Yacht club collection and imagine you are jetsetting off to the Hamptons this summer. The limited edition collection features Paul Mitchell favourites with an elegant make-over in nautical navy and cream. Brushes in the Yacht Club include the 427 Paddle Brush; which helps build body and provide a smooth finish and the 413 Sculpting Brush; easily detangles wet or dry strands and styles hair. The super stylish Express Mini makes the perfect travelling companion with 3/4 inch ceramic plates, dual voltage or global travel and slim design. Finally, product duos including Style Lifesaver, Volume on Deck and Freeze and Shine Super Spray are sure to be the catch of the day. We’ve fallen for it; hook, line and sinker. For stockists call: +44 (0) 845 659 0012.
News added 17/06/16: Just roll with it! We’re loving the new Neuro V8 Compact Hot Roller Deck from Paul Mitchell hitting salons this June. It’s now super easy to get great volume and flawless waves for those statement occassions this summer.
Heating up to eight rollers simultaneously, each 1.25″ velcro roller grips hair to tame frizz and create bountiful waves. SmartSense technology helps the roller to retain heat while styling – essential for curl staying power. The carrier case is a convenient way to package the deck which also uses dual voltage so it can go wherever you do!
News added 27/05/16: It’s My Party is the new 2016 Big Night Out collection from Paul Mitchell with four on-trend looks that guarantee the wearer will bring the party wherever she goes. The four looks: up for anything; down to party; amp it up and high drama have been chosen with a youthful, care-free edge that will ensure you and your clients are always party-ready whatever the occassion. Check the how tos below for the style tips and tricks:
DOWN TO PARTY
On cleansed hair, create a deep side parting. Apply Super Skinny® Serum and Fast Form® and blow dry using the Neuro® Dry until smooth.
2. Take two rectangle sections either side of the parting. Prep the hair by spraying Hot O The Press® on each section before curling.
3. On the heavier side divide the rectangle into two smaller sections. Take the section closest to the parting and wrap the hair around the Neuro® Unclipped Styling Rod twice, twisting the hair as you wrap it around the rod. Leave out the
ends of the hair. Once curled clip into place and allow to cool.
4. On the lighter side of the parting take all of the hair in the rectangle and wrap the hair once around the rod, twisting as you wrap around the rod. Clip each section into place to allow to cool.
5. Once both sides are curled move to the crown area. Create a triangular section from the crown that meets the corners of the other curled sections. Take this section and holding the styler horizontally, wrap & twist the hair 1.5 times around the rod. Clip into place and allow hair to cool.
6. Smooth the remaining uncurled hair with the Neuro® Style and remove clips once hair has completely cooled. Finish with a light coat of Stay Strong® to keep the style in place all night long.
UP FOR ANYTHING
Prep the hair by applying Extra-Body Daily Boost® to the roots of the crown area and Extra-Body Sculpting Foam® to the rest of the hair. Use the Express Ion Round® XL to create height and volume. Dry the remaining hair, using your fingers to create more texture.
2. Once the hair is dry, section a triangle two inches back from the hairline to the corners of each eye. Keep this section separate from the rest of the hair.
3. Spray a light veil of Extra-Body Finishing Spray® on the back section of hair to create a good working texture. Divide the back section of hair into a further two sections horizontally from ear to ear. With the lower section, create a tight ponytail and fasten with a clear elastic. Then add the hair from the upper section to the same ponytail with another elastic. After adding the second section of hair, use the “pinch and pull” method around the crown area to add volume and lift to the secured hair.
4. Next, create a 2-finger roll at the nape of the neck with the ponytail hair. Keep the shape of the roll vertical and tight whilst securing the style discreetly with large bobby pins. Remember to keep the ends of the ponytail out of the roll. “Pinch and pull” the hair in the roll to expand the twist and make more of a statement. Use small pins to refine and secure the final shape.
5: Split the remaining triangle of hair at the front of the head into a middle parting and loosely pin it away from the face. Gently release strands at the front of the style to frame the face.
6: Personalise the style by adding a Metallic headband to add that extra something to the finished look.
AMP IT UP
Begin by applying a mixture of Thicken Up® and Sculpting FoamTM to damp hair and “soft dry” the hair to create volume and texture. Divide the hair into two even sections by splitting it horizontally from ear to ear.
2. Then temporarily clip the top section into a bun. Split the bottom section into 2-inch segments and create a 3-strand braid.
3. Clamp each braid with the Neuro® Smooth and repeat each step until all of the hair in the bottom section has been braided and heated. Release the top section of hair and repeat again. Apply Extra-Body Finishing Spray® to the hair for extra hold.
4. Remove all the braids and using a dressing brush, create extra volume where
desired. Apply a second layer of Extra-Body Finishing Spray® and dress the style
Prep damp hair by applying Fast Form® and using the Neuro® Dry to blow-dry the hair away from the face. Use Hot O The Press® before the Neuro® Style to ensure that the end result is polished and smooth.
2. Next, create a sleek high ponytail and secure using an elastic band with two bobby pins attached to it. Secure the loose hair with one bobby pin at the base of the ponytail.
3. Then take the other attached bobby pin to secure the ponytail again. Make sure the ponytail is tight and smooth. Use a small ribbon of hair to conceal the hair tie and bobby pins.
4. Using a teasing brush, create texture in the ponytail hair to allow for longevity of the style. Use a small clear elastic halfway down the ponytail hair to control the hair.
5. Drape the ponytail to the side of the head just behind the ear. Use large bobby pins to hold the hair in place.
6: Dress the hair with a geometric hairpin as desired.
News added 18/05/16: Well done to Alexandria Garner from Xandria’s in Lincolnshire who has scooped the top prize in the first ever Paul Mitchell Color Outside the Lines competition. Beating off stiff global competition from across Europe, Australia, Asia, South Africa and South America; Alexandria was inspired by the Graphic Block mood board to create her winning look. Alexandria utilised strong graphics and bold geometric shapes with sharp colour contrast to create an interesting and a loud statement look. Overall, the modernity, definition and precision of the look impressed the judges enough to clinch the title for the UK. Bravo!
Alexandria’s prizes include:
• Grand prize trophy
• Airfare and hotel accommodations to attend Paul Mitchell’s Gathering (Las Vegas, August 2016)
• Feature in a US trade magazine
• Participation in an international Paul Mitchell collection photoshoot
• Feature in Paul Mitchell US New and Now magazine
• Blog post, social media coverage and a feature on PaulMitchellPro.com
• Paul Mitchell the color XG Mini Master Artist Kit
News added 06/05/16: There is a strong belief at Paul Mitchell that Mother Nature is one of our great resources and we agree! When it comes to beautiful ingredients and natural produce, Paul Mitchell is ahead of the game, so much so that we’re delving into their classics to find out what beauty botanicals are contained with each.
• The Forever Blond range is perfect for bleached and highly lifted hair; the three-part system gives fragile blond hair the moisture and strength its needs with added shine. So let’s have a look and see what’s inside:
– Safflower: is a relative of the sunflower, and contains fatty acids and Linoleic acid, a naturally occuring moisturizing conditioner.
– Macadamia Nut Oil: contains Squalene a naturally occuring antioxident that helps to reduce stress on the scalp by preventing loss of moisture. Macadamia Nut Oil is also high in fatty acids that help to add shine, strengthen and nourish the hair follicles whilst fighting frizz.
– Tumeric, Chamomile and Lemon Peel: help keep blonde hues light and bright.
• The Curls range uses a very fruity combination of ingredients to train the mane, find out what’s inside:
– Apricot Kernel: high in Oleic Acid, it helps control water loss in hair while simultaneously making the hair softer and more pliable.
– Blackcurrant, Strawberry and Elderberry Seed Oil: contains high levels of valuable fatty acids. These fruit seed oils help moisturize, protect and nourish the hair.
• The Instant Moisture range uses activated botanical moisture and shine blends to help balance moisture, provide gentle hydration and create brilliant shine.
– Awapuhi: also known as hawaiian ginger has been used as a moisturizing cleanser for hundreds of years by the Hawaiin people thanks to its moisturizing and shine enhancing properties.
– Algae: adds shine and volume to lacklustre hair; it also includes ingredients iron and zinc which are needed for healthy hair growth.
News added 23/04/16: A gorgeous luxe presentation from Paul Mitchell Awapuhi has got us all smiling. Mirrorsmooth is a system to embue hair with ‘flawlessly smooth, brilliant shine’ comprising a shampoo, conditioner and high gloss primer. The brand’s KeraReflect™ blend includes natural Abyssinian oil for brilliant shine, awapuhi extract for optimal moisture, strengthening keratin protein and thermal protectors. The sleek black packaging is super seductive… [sigh]… need we say more? Get some in now!
MirrorSmooth Gloss: Primes the surface cuticle of the hair for a smooth,shiny, polished look and ocntrols unruly texture. The humidity resistant formula creates a smooth finish in any weather and prevents thermal damage.
MirrorSmooth Shampoo: This gentle, sulphate-free shampoo with rich foam restores the hair’s optimal moisture balance and leaves hair silky-smooth. It also prevents frizz and flyaways – yes please!
MirrorSmooth Conditioner: This conditioner hydrates, instantly detangles and creates a shiny, reflective finish. Exclusive KeraReflect™ blend with natural Abyssinian oil smoothes and softens every strand, so that hair is easy to comb with a super light finish.
News added 14/04/16: We’re loving The Colour Project collection from Paul Mitchell featuring Lucie Doughty’s brilliant colour skills. We’re giving you a taster below but you can see the full collection here:
News added 29/03/16: How disco are you? Paul Mitchell is sponsoring the FIRST EVER ‘SILENT DISCO DASH’ in support of CoppaFeel charity! The Silent Disco Dash is for anyone who’d fancies glitter canons over mud-slides, high fives over rubber tyres and disco balls over climbing walls. Sign up to run a 5K or a 10K run at the Hop Farm in Kent on 22nd May, and grab a pair of headphones, a group of your best buddies (or your mum, if she’s down with it) and prepare to run for a good cause. DJ Greg James will be playing the tunes and talking directly into your ears while you run, jog, walk, or shimmy your way around the course. We’d call it a rave to an awesome soundtrack, except you’re doing the running man the whole time!
Expect bubbles, glitter canons, high-fives, a tunnel of love and more surprises to be revealed on the day. And at the end? All runners will cross the finish-line verified disco-champions and the party continues with killer DJ sets, awesome food and epic prizes for the best fancy dress. It’d going to be an epic party. Sign up now at silentdiscodash.com
CoppaFeel! aims to stamp out late detection and misdiagnosis of breast cancer by ensuring that young people get to know their boobs. They’re also the brains behind London’s sell-out music festival Festifeel and veterans of the festival scene, who’ll be bringing serious disco expertise and a lot of boob-love to the day.
News added 16/03/16: We’re loving the vivid colour of Paul Mitchell’s 2016 collection, For Art’s Sake.
Hair: Robert Cromeans and Angus Mitchell for Paul Mitchell. Colour: Lucie Doughty and Mary Cuomo.
News added 02/03/16: With red carpet season well underway, Kate Winslet looked majestic once again in her typically sleek style at the 2016 Academy Awards on Sunday night. Stylist Renato Campora created Kate’s soft cascading curls for the night, the perfect compliment to her strapless black dress. The key to the success of the style? The Paul Mitchell Neuro Unclipped Styling Rod.
The rod is the perfect tool for achieving those desirable beachy waves and loose curls clients love. With a cool tip for easier styling, the iron has been designed ergonomically for ultimate performance and user comfort. With a whole host of design features, we just know that you’re going to love it too…
· 1″ clipless premium IsoTherm titanium barrel
· Adjustable temperature control
· Heats up to 230˚C in seconds
· SmartSense microchip for lightning-fast heat recovery
· Customizable auto shut-off
· Extra-long barrel ideal for long hair
· 9-foot swivel cord with hanging loop
· Dual voltage for worldwide use
News added 08/02/16: Did you see Kate Winslet at the SAG Awards last week? We think she looked pretty darn amazing, and guess what? Paul Mitchell was responsible for her super sleek ‘do and they have kindly let us in on the secrets behind the look.
SAG nominee Kate Winslet told E1 during a pre-show interview , “I look quite nice, actually. I’m pleased with this look”. Celebrity stylist Renato Campora envisioned a modern take on a chignon for the star. “I didn’t want to do just a simple bun that would make her look like a ballerina,” explained Campora, who also wanted to showcase Winslet’s plunging neckline.
· Campora prepped her hair with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrocream Whip to build volume, then applied Marula Oil Rare Treatment Oil “to achieve beautiful and shiny hair”.
· Using the Neuro Dry and a round brush, Campora dried Winslet’s hair in pieces, then separated her hair into top and bottom sections — the latter secured in a low-slung ponytail, which was split into four pieces that Campora twisted and wrapped around each other for the base of the chignon.
· Next, Campora twisted and wrapped the top section of hair (prepped with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray for additional movement) around the bun, pinning hair in place and securing it with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray, layered with Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray for added sheen.
News added 22/01/16: Color Outside The Lines competition
This is the first global hair colour competition from the professionals at Paul Mitchell®. With incredible prizes including trips to The Gathering in Las Vegas or a spot on an International Paul Mitchell collection photo shoot.. there is no shortage of incentives.
To enter, Paul Mitchell invites you to demonstrate your hairdressing creativity and professionalism, combining technique, colour choice, cut and style. The look you create will be inspired by one of two mood boards supplied within the entry pack; Charming Illusions or Graphic Block, which will influence the colour palate of your final look.
Click here for the entry form: pm-color-entry-form
Entries close: Friday 22nd April 2016 at 11.59PM GMT.
News added 07/01/15: Setting up their Paul Mitchell brand back in 1980, Paul Mitchell and John Paul DeJoria quickly decided that as well as affordable luxury products, they would ensure testing on animals was never part of the deal. For 36 years the brand has been cruelty-free. Respect! In 2016 sales of retail bags (estimated at £15,000) will go to Cruelty Free International, the leading organization working to end animal experiments worldwide. Watch out for the Leaping Bunny logo – a globally recognized symbol.
“We have found that there is still a lack of awareness of Paul Mitchell being cruelty free” explains Zoë Vears, Director of Publicity at Paul Mitchell®, “We are proud that all Paul Mitchell products are certified by the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny logo, the international guarantee that no animals suffered for our products. The Paul Mitchell brand is committed to being cruelty free now and forever.”
Cruelty Free International is one of the world’s longest standing and most respected animal protection organisations. The organisation is widely regarded as an authority on animal testing issues and is frequently called upon by governments, media, corporations and official bodies for its advice or expert opinion.
News added 08/01/15: The visuals from Paul Mitchell are always stunning (personal, friendly, well shot, professional), so we’re delighted to see a new-look website at paul-mitchell.co.uk rammed with great imagery as well as news and info. Definitely worth a gander, this site is designed to mirror the Paul Mitchell US version but with content tailored to the UK. It’s the brand’s 35th anniversary this year, and what a history. Online you follow social feeds for #IHEARTPM and #PMTINGLE, a new blog section and more content about the Paul Mitchell heritage.